Adventures in Smoothies #2: PB & J Smoothies
Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothies
(this recipe fills a blender and makes 4 8 oz. servings for our family. You can just scale back or freeze the excess as popsicles!)
- 3 C frozen berry mix (we use a mix of raspberries, strawberries and blueberries)
- 3/4 C peanut butter
- 1-2 bananas
- 1 C Greek Honey Yogurt (or use 1 C Plain Yogurt and 2 TB honey)
- big handful of fresh spinach. (for reals. You can’t taste it..it adds some green vitamins and iron)
- 1 C Milk, depending on how thick you like your smoothies (add more if you need more volume or like your smoothies thinner)
- Sprinkling of ground chai seeds, flax seeds protein powder or whatever other additives you like to put in)
- Pulse away!
If you like your smoothies like slushies, you can add ice to this and layer it on the bottom, but the frozen fruit is usually enough.